BALLO eyewear are stylish collections of locally designed, handcrafted eyewear.
Allistair Barnes owner of Ballo shares the inspiration behind the brand
”I had seen wooden framed glasses, but was unimpressed with their quality. We set out to make the best wooden-framed glasses in the world right here in South Africa. I think we are doing a pretty good job! Ballo frames and cases are made with love in Woodstock, Cape Town. Our frames are hand-made from recycled paper and off-cut timber from local furniture producers. All frames come with high-quality polarized lenses and can be fitted with your prescription. We currently export to five countries and counting.”
Introdcued to Cape Town in 2013, Ballo eyewear’s workshop is nestled in vibrant Woodstock, employing only locals.
▪ All frames are environmentally friendly – all the wood veneers are off-cuts from local furniture
▪ The collections consists of several styles in great colours, including imbuia, walnut and cherry
▪ Handmade wooden cases keep the sunglasses protected, while the retro microfiber pouches ensure that the lenses remain clean
▪ Each eyewood pair is valued at between R1200 and R2000, depending on the design/collection
BALLO recently collaborated with acclaimed artist, Atang Tshikare, on the Artist Eyewood Program (#AEP) collection, which launched at Thesis Lifestyle in Soweto last month.
WIN A PAIR OF BALLO EYEWEAR
1. FOLLOW US*LIKE US or SUBSCRIBE to any of the Style Africa platforms :
2. WATCH Adeola Ariyo’s TRAVEL TIPS and answer the following question
WHICH PAIR OF BALLO EYEWEAR IS FEATURED IN Adeola’s TRAVEL TIPS INSERT?
Select an answer from the images below!
**answer to be posted on our FB page in the Ballo eyewear post**
Term and Conditions
1. Competition closes at midnight on Wednesday 31st December 2014
2. The winner will be selected at random from all the entries received by the closing date.
3. The judges decision is final and no correspondence may be entered into.
4. The prize is not transferable, re-saleble and may not be exchanged for cash
5. This competition is not open to employees of Style Africa Fashion Network, their immediate families, advertising companies and PR companies.
6. Style Africa Fashion Network reserves the right to publish the names and or photographs of the winners on any of their platforms.
7. Unclaimed prizes will not be resent.
You can find BALLO online here